6.03.2008

Thirteen Years of Marital Bliss

I hear wedding bells! I cannot believe how many people have celebrated anniversaries in the past week! Happy anniversary to you all and I am delighted to say that today is my wedding anniversary!

June 3, 1995
DK and I tied the knot

He dressed in his Choker Whites...
...I dressed in my princess gown.

Complete with sword ceremony..."Welcome to the Navy, Mrs. Evans!"

Surrounded by dear friends and loved ones

DK and his best friend, Anthony
Even though Anthony planted a wet one on my new hubby, he and his sweet and amazingly talented wife are our children's guardians.

Me and my girls, Shottsie (on the left) & Merand (on the right)
To this day they are two of my dearest and bestest friends!

This picture cracks me up!
DK's Mom, as always, has the patience of a saint.
DK, "Zee plane, zee plane!"
I look like I'm searching for something that fell down my dress.
Merand is trying valiantly to keep my dress looking perfect.
My Dad? I guess it runs in the family. He's looking for something too!

No one told me beforehand what a jokester
my future father-in-law would be.
Look at the Mickey Mouse vest he is wearing.

Me and DK ~ Then

Me and DK ~ Now
We haven't aged a bit!!
Notice the Republican sign on the left...
I had no idea THEN politics would play
such a big part in my life NOW!

CONFESSION TIME:
Yesterday I went looking for our wedding album and COULDN'T FIND IT! I looked high and I looked low. I looked in every spot imaginable! What kind of wife LOSES her wedding pictures? I know where it used to be ~ in the dining room china hutch. I cleared it out many months ago to make room for the girl's craft supplies. I know I put it in a very safe place. Too safe, I suppose. I now have until next year to find my album! In the meantime I'm grateful for a hubby who NEVER throws anything away and was able to find the mini-album his mom had put together.

UPDATE:
I found my wedding album this morning!! Where did I put it? In my HOPE CHEST! Now wasn't that smart of me? :)

DK, looking back over the past 13 years I marvel at how we have grown together. We complement each other and bring out the best in one another. My life is complete with you by my side. Thank you for being my True Companion.
All my love for now and for always,

13 tweets and twitters:

Erica said...

Awww, such sweet sentiments for DK. Hard to believe it's been 13 years! Happy Anniversary to the best sister and brother in law one could ever ask for. Love you guys!

Pedaling said...

i think this was the most interesting, delightful and funny wedding pictures i've seen in awhile...your father in law is a crack up-i can't believe his wife let him wear that vest, but isn't it great she did-it makes for far more interesting photos and i love the one where everyone is looking for something-hilarious!
Your two are one cute couple both then and now.

Merand said...

That was so much fun looking at the pictures! It's so hard to believe it was 13 years ago. That sounds like forever!!! And who the heck did my hair? It looks like I could fly away. :) It was such a treasure to be able to share in your happy day and remember the memories. Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more!!!

Ted said...

i enjoyed. it makes me think of my airforce days. but, the navy unis are sexier.

by the way, thanks for posting on my blog. you should check back cuz i had to defend my last post!

Crystal said...

I loved the pics! Happy Anniversary to the both of you! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

happy anniversary! I hope you have a fabulous anniversary...what are your anniversary plans? keep us posted!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Happy anniversary! Ours is at the end of June. Here's to June brides!

I love the black dress you have on in the "now" picture. Super cute!

~ Sarah

Camrie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! =D

Traci said...

Happy Anniversary!!! 13 years and still going, that is great!! Loved see your wedding pix and the one with the Navy and swords!!! Very neat!

Amy said...

Congrats!!! Looks like you and Erica are days apart?? Oh, and nice job on losing 5 lbs. Good timing for the 'less clothes' weather.

The Farmer's Wife said...

a great marriage is a blessing! congats! You were darling then and you are darling now! thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

So fun to see the old photos of you two. I just wanted to tell you how good you are looking these days. Seriously, I am loving your hair color and cut. Tell me your secrets because my hair is never very cute long, but I don't want to chop it again.