It sucks not being able to put something together by yourself. I HATE having to wait for DK to come to my rescue wielding his screwdriver and whatever other tools he needs to complete my project. My sister is very capable and often makes things or puts things together ALL BY HERSELF. Last year she put together a humongo gas grill. I don't think I would have been able to lift it out of the box.
Right before Christmas I put JK's new shopping cart together all by myself. I cried tears of joy. I was so ecstatic. The rush was unbelievable. Six months later I thought I'd try again. Yesterday the girls and I were at Target and I found 24" chrome stools marked down to $12.48! The best part is each stool has four legs. I currently have fabulous draftsman stools at the kitchen island but they only have three legs and are constantly being knocked to the ground. I paid $120 for a three legged stool and $12.48 for a four legged stool. Where is the justice?
Above are Steps 1-3...I'm on a roll!

What the....? Step 4 is not workin' for me.
The holes and the what-not's do not line up!

This is what Step 4 is supposed to look like completed

Steps 5 & 6
The stool looks put together but I wouldn't recommend sitting on it.
You just might go flying off!
And now I wait for DK to come home and once again figure out where I screwed up and as always he will quickly fix the problem.
I should be grateful to have such a handy man around the house. I am. Sort of. Kind of. Maybe. Okay, not really. It totally bursts my "I am Woman; hear me roar!" mentality.





7 tweets and twitters:
Yea for getting as far as you did. I hate it when the holes don't line up. Grr! I like the stools!
I LOVE THE STOOL! AND WHAT A DEAL!
I can hear your roaring down here! At least it looks like a stool even if you can't sit on it yet!
Oh and by the way, I used to be the handy man in my house. Now I just let me teenage boys do it!
Wow, what a steal of a deal! My husband is handy too--usually it is a good thing, but sometimes I worry that I rely too much on his handiness and it makes me less self-sufficient.
By the way, great job on going sugar-free for over two days!
~ Sarah
Yet one more reason I LOVE Target! Did you ever notice how many of their sale items end in .48? I was actually just making that connection. Hmmmmmmmmm
Go you on the sugar hiatus! I could never do it!
And, you have blueberry bushes? I cannot wait to take MH strawberry and blueberry picking. She would eat pints of blueberries all day long if I let her. MMM MMMM good!
By the way, great job on the stool thus far - you'll get it done! I am horrible at putting stuff together, I don't even bother because I get so frustrated! I do a much better damsel in distress!
way to go Rae!!!!
I love that Rand can fix just about anything. What I DON'T like is that I have to wait until he comes home or has the time to do the thing I need done. Or when he doesn't want to do the project I want him to do. That is the worst!
Post a Comment