JK LOVES his blanket. One of DK's co-workers made it for us when JK was born. Today, it needed a good old-fashioned washing. This is JK's reaction:
Bad Mommy...holding my blankie hostage in the washer
If you look closely, you can see the trail of tears coming down the side of his cheek
When I was JK's age my must-have item was a stuffed bunny. It was accidently packed up during one of our moves and my mother made the moving guys open boxes until it was found. Crisis averted!
What was your comfort item growing up?







6 tweets and twitters:
Too cute! These pics are priceless . . . they really portray how he feels about his best blankie. My brother kept (and used) his purple blanket until his mission. And actually, Steve is attached to an old quilt that my Grandma made long, long ago. I guess the blankie addiction never goes away (for some)!
My kids were blankie fanatics. My daughter finally gave hers up about a year ago (when she was turning 11). She still has it somewhere.
Awww, what a little cutie! He looks a lot like you! I never had a "lovey" but I sucked my thumb through sixth grade (shhh, don't tell anyone!), and I always needed the satiny binding from my blanket rubbing up against my face while doing so. Luckily I kicked the thumb habit long ago, but I STILL love my satin binding! Maddie does not have one major attachment item - these days it seems to change from week to week. Right now it's a plastic Ariel pocketbook from Target's Dollar Spot, and a miniature Ariel along with her accessories. It's pretty funny!
Awww, what a little cutie! He looks a lot like you! I never had a "lovey" but I sucked my thumb through sixth grade (shhh, don't tell anyone!), and I always needed the satiny binding from my blanket rubbing up against my face while doing so. Luckily I kicked the thumb habit long ago, but I STILL love my satin binding! Maddie does not have one major attachment item - these days it seems to change from week to week. Right now it's a plastic Ariel pocketbook from Target's Dollar Spot, and a miniature Ariel along with her accessories. It's pretty funny!
I think I had a blankie too! My daughter has one and I am for sure going to save it for her, hope it makes it though! That thing goes a lot of places!
I never had anything. Too Cute!
Post a Comment