A list of different things I've been thinking about or I have yet to accomplish today:
Caskets. Yes, I know; weird. Morbid. Whatever. On the way back from Rand's orthodontist appointment I was behind a casket truck. I had never thought about the need for caskets to be delivered to funeral homes but of course it makes sense. How else would they get there? I've only thought about how caskets LEAVE funeral homes. Moving on...
Reading. I am an avid reader but I am currently reading a book that is taking FOREVER to finish! I am plugging away at it but have not been able to dive into it like I had hoped. I was so excited for its release and am surprised I am not liking it more. Speaking of reading...
Magazines. I have 14 magazines sitting here for me to read. Every day when the mail arrives I'm petrified to find another magazine in the box. Speaking of mail...
Mailman. I'll never forget the first time I met our mailman. We had just moved into our house a few days before and I was exhausted with unpacking and settling in. The girls were napping and I collapsed on my bed with a book. I fell asleep and woke up when the doorbell rang. It was our mailman. My first thought in my groggy state of mind was, "Oh my! You're the type of mailman that causes women to answer the door in their skimpy bathrobes." He's a pretty nice lookin' guy and an avid hockey player to boot. Just for the record, no, I've never gone to the door in my bathrobe though I make sure the freezer in our garage always has popsicles for those hot humid days. He now knows to help himself...to the popsicles I mean! :) Speaking of hot weather...
I am ready to decorate my house for summer. I was going to wait until June 1st but have decided to heck with it and plan on starting today. I've hauled almost all of my summer decor items up from the storage room. Look at this SIMPLE idea from Pottery Barn. All you need are mason jars (PB is selling them but you can get them much cheaper elsewhere. Twist your own wire around the top of the jar if you would like to hang them) and fill them with sea glass, sand, shells or turquoise. Collect three and you have a grouping. You cannot get any easier than that! So, if you are looking for a touch of summer but do not have much money to spare, give that idea a go! My favorite summer item is my silver crab. Not that I'M ever crabby! Speaking of being crabby...
I watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC. I know a lot of people do not like Kate and how she treats her husband (my sister being one of them). She is a bit demanding of him and doesn't always use the nicest tone. She tends to be on the selfish side and does not exhibit a lot of patience with the children. I see myself in Kate. A lot. Except I don't have the excuse of having 8 children to contend with! I have a very good husband who for some crazy reason decides to put up with me. How blessed I am!




9 tweets and twitters:
Oh come on, Kate can be plain ruthless! She is brutal! I do like the show though!
This was probably the most fun I've ever read! I just love your train of thought. I was going to wait until June 1st too (did we already have this conversation) but I'm itching to get my summer stuff out too. Maybe this week I'll have a decorating day. After I get my latest batch of plants in the ground. I said I was done but then I got more!!! (I like your new template too!)
it's silly to say this but a while ago I was at costco.com and they sell caskets and so I browsed them...loved your post. (your mailman sounds nice...ours is NOT! and delivers our mail at like 5 pm every day.)
I LOVE Jon & Kate plus 8. I agree with your insight. She makes me realise I'm NOT crazy & living on a budget CAN work. Not too mention her hair...I may be sporting something similair when I return from UTAH :)
Thanks for commenting on my blog earlier. I'm glad to have discovered yours...you have some fun ideas, and I love the idea of keeping popsicles for the mailman. How very thoughtful!
i love john and kate....not sure how i would be with eight kids. i love her structure...the mason jars are darling..i will try them in my garden around the table, thanks!
Just found your blog-skimmed a couple of posts-love your blog! We seem to have a lot in common-i even have a 8 year old(just barely) who we call kenners. Crazy! I would love to lurk a little more and find out what else we can compare. So-if you have a sec.come on by and say hello. If it's ok with you-i would like to come back and say hello. have a grea day!
I am reading the same book. Like 150 pages in, it's taking me some time too to read. Maybe it's cause it's a little slow, but I will keep plugging away! Guess we will have to let each other know what we thought about it when finished.
Love how you decorate the house for summer! Thanks for the idea too!
I too watch Jon and Kate and although I think she can be a bit overbearing, I love the way she is so organized and has everything on a schedule. I also love the fact that she puts it all out and says, "This is who I am." I could not even imagine having 8 kids. The funniest thing is that EJ loves watching the show too and wants me to call Kate for a playdate!!
Post a Comment