5.23.2008

Keeping Up Appearances

She's beautiful, skinny (size 0 Lucky jeans) and RICH. The Washington Post's recent article is titled, "Letting Her Hair Down, but Still Keeping Up Appearances". CNN reports, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate me because I'm rich." Personally, I think it's fabulous that she takes such great care of herself (she ran a marathon 8 months after having a stroke!) and I could care less that she won't release her tax returns for all of us to see. I don't think the fact that she is gorgeous or has millions of dollars makes her any less American than the rest of us. I think it's un-American to begrudge her of her money (even though it came from a beer company). I would much rather see Mrs. McCain as our nation's first lady than Michelle or heaven forbid Bubba!

Future First Lady? All-American, Cindy McCain

Completely off subject (though it does have to do with keeping up appearances) I have always loved the BBC comedy of the same name. Each episode cracks me up as I observe the great measures Hyacinth takes to make her life seem oh-so-perfect while everyone thinks she's a complete lunatic. DK teases me that I am like Hyacinth. I want everything to be just so. Well, I do like things to be perfect, that's the OCD in me, but I am willing to admit that my life is not always a dream. There are days when it's a nightmare, plain and simple.

Richard & Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced 'bouquet')

4 tweets and twitters:

Pedaling said...

i love beautiful people and i too really like cindy mccain.
She is everything the Democratic Party is envious of. They cannot handle the likes of, success, beauty, and confidence of this kind of woman.
jelousy is an ugly thing.

Susan said...

oh, i love the new look...very fun and classy.

Unknown said...

My Grandma loves that show, and I have to admit watching it with her is a hoot.

Amy said...

Hey, nice new look! I was going to switch mine, but it seemed like some of my "stuff" would not convert correctly and I didn't want to lose anything.

BTW--I sent you another email with pictures.

I hope JK was feeling better today.