4.06.2008

Safe Driver of the Year

My dear, sweet, beautiful and talented friend, Deon (check out her amazing website) came by the house the other day to drop off some music for Kenners and I to sing in Sacrament Meeting. My girls ADORE Deon and invited her in to show off Buckwheat and vie for her attention. Deon mentioned how she had left her car running but I didn't think anything of it. Deon left a few minutes later and Kenners went outside to see her off. Rand and I were working on homework in the kitchen when there was a knock on the kitchen door. Deon is standing there and says, "I hit your garage door". What? Is this a belated April Fool's joke? No. Somehow her car edged forward and hit the door! She was mortified! Me? Not so much...it could have been worse! No one was hurt. The door still works. Not a big deal!



This evening Deon had her hubby drop this off:

Thanks for all of the wonderful GREEN things...though completely unnecessary!!!

To help Deon feel better about a silly old garage door, I am listing all of the things (that I remember!) I, myself have hit over the years!!

~Parked car in a Post Office parking lot
~Scraped side of car on a brick wall while backing out of a driveway
~Backed into a big green dumpster
~While backing DK's car up I hit the door window on the carport beam. The whole window (which was not encased in metal) went up on its side and fell down inside the door. We had only been married for about 3 or 4 months
~Rear ended a stopped car in the Lincoln Tunnel in NYC
~Backing out of the garage I ripped the side mirror off our Jeep

Can you detect a pattern or two? I only hit NON-MOVING, STATIONARY objects!! I also have issues with BACKING UP!! When we bought our latest vehicle DK made sure it had a backup camera!!!

So, Deon, you can now see that a garage door is NOTHING major in my book!!!

5 tweets and twitters:

Erica said...

He he, I remember the window/carport one. That was funny, for me anyway! I have a thing with hitting stationary objects too. Hmmm, not good.

Camrie said...

Now it matches our garage! ;]

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm still pretty MORTIFIED that my "blondness" got the best of me on Thursday afternoon! You were so, so, so kind through the entire experience!!!! However, it might take some therapy sessions before I can ever park in your driveway again!

BTW- I'm glad you noticed the "green theme". :)

Karin said...

Funny -- I was going to leave a comment, but see Camrie beat me to it. John is the guilty party for our door.

Amy said...

How can this be? I remember being 13 and going out to start your Dad's car and backing it up and pulling forward, and again and agian. Seems like you had plenty of practice backing up. What happened?