One of my favorite movies is "Holiday Inn" starring Bing Crosby. Crosby's character, Jim Hardy, has had it with the big lights of the city and show biz. He's ready to take it easy; live in the country enjoying a stress-free life. While he's adjusting to his "easy" life in the country running a farm you hear Crosby singing:
Lazy
I want to be lazy
I want to be out in the sun
With no work to be done
Under that awning
They call the sky
Stretching and yawning
And let the world go drifting by
With a great big valise full
Of books to read where it's peaceful
While I'm Killing time Being lazy
That is exactly how I'm feeling today. Don't get me wrong. I've done my morning chores and basically have all of my have-to-do's done....it's just that I didn't want to do them. Instead, I wanted to go outside, lay down on the greening grass, look up at the bright blue sky and read my current book, Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo. Aahh....how lovely that sounds! Or maybe head off and buy some pretty pansies and dig in the garden. Or how about curling up in a sunny spot and taking an afternoon nap? Any of those ideas would fit me to a T.
What about you? What do you like to do when you are feeling lazy?




8 tweets and twitters:
You are too good. My lazy approach involves some kind of trash TV and an even trashy-er snack.
what are lazy days? oh, just kidding. I've been having lazy MONTHS. It involves sleeping in really late (8am) and then eating breakfast and laying down on the couch for a few hours until I finally decide I stink and should shower. Then lunch, then playing then naps (for everyone, even me). Then dinner, TV and bedtime. That's what my lazy months have been like. (did I mention blogging too?)
PS you are my cleaning hero! Way to be superwoman!
My favorite way to be lazy is to curl up on the couch and take a nice LONG nap in the afternoon. Not happening today though! Busy, busy, busy! I am off to fold the laundry! (I know, I know, it's 3:20 pm, the laundry should be done by now)
I love that movie too!!! I was forced to be lazy yesterday taking care of sick kids. It was nice I dozed off twice.
Reading - that book is very good - Book three is out now also - must order....
Have you read Fablehaven?? WAY GOOD!!! - Can't wait for book three in that series!!
PN
You know me - it's got to be reading when I'm feeling lazy. Crash on the couch with a book and then fall asleep after a half hour or so. Gardening would be too invigorating for me to be a lazy activity! :)
It depends upon the time of year. Since I am desperately awaiting summer, right now my ideal would be laying on the hammock in the shade of a warm and sunny day, reading a great book, while my kids play in the pool.
Post a Comment