3.06.2008

My Baby is Turning Two Years Old!!

When JK was just a few weeks old I took him to Portrait Simple to have his pictures taken. My primary objective was to have a fabulous image taken of him that I could use for his birth announcement. Our amazingly talented friend, Deon, worked there at the time and she did a breath-taking job! This is the picture we chose for his announcement:



I have a few other favorites from that photo session. 
The picture below is included in Portrait Simple's Baby Gallery on their website. JK is the fourth baby from the left. Click on the thumbnail to see an enlarged image. I also have a 30x40-inch poster of this picture Portrait Simple used in their studio displays for Valentine's Day 2007. 


Looking back on these pictures reminds me that he is no longer this teeny-tiny. It is time for me to come to grips with reality and STOP calling JK my BABY! He is on the threshold of becoming a BIG BOY, complete with sitting on the potty! Yet, no matter what, in my heart he will always be my baby....

6 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

My boys will always be my babies. I don't think it matters that our children get older, they are always going to be those sweet babies that he held and nurtured.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it is happening to me soon also - I also can't believe how different boys are than girls - we call Conner his own diversion - while we are cleaning up one mess he is quickly making another in a different room - Bedtime is a wonderful thing!!!

PN

Jen said...

It's hard to believe that it's been two years...sigh.

Susan said...

you know that should read "we held..." and not "he" right? oh my lovely typos

...for all eternity said...

Wow! He is such a beautiful baby. I love these photo's. I still call SLC my baby girl.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how small he was!! It is hard to believe it has been two years. How quickly the time flies.