2.07.2008

A Sad Announcement

It is with a heavy heart I write this posting. DK and I voted for Mitt Romney two days ago. Though he did not win the state we live in, I am still proud to say he not only received our vote but in my opinion deserved our vote. I do not regret voting for Mitt Romney and will gladly do so in 2012 if he decides to make the run for President again.

I took Kenners to the pediatricians office on Tuesday for her annual well visit. I asked her doctor if he had taken the opportunity to go and vote. He said he had. He knows that my family and I are Mormon and I said to him, "Well, I'm here to tell you, I did not vote for Romney because he is Mormon." Kenners pediatrician turned and looked at me and said, "I'm here to tell you that I DID vote for Romney because he IS Mormon." Wow! 
Romney had many supporters but unfortunately he did not feel he had enough to win the amount of delegates needed to take the nomination. I respect his decision to suspend his run for the White House and wish him and his family all the best in their future endeavors!

3 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

It is sad to see such a respectable man quit this years race. We really need someone like him to run our country. Maybe 2012.

* your quote, I'm sure you meant "here" not "hear"

Rae said...

Thank you, Suz for pointing out my mistake! You KNOW how I feel about grammar and typo's!

Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.