2.02.2008

A Whisper in the Night

"Mommy?" a voice whispers.
"What?" my startled voice answers.
"Can I sleep with you?" the little voice asks.
"Yes, climb in."
Two minutes later......
"Mommy?" There's that whisper again.
"Yes?" my less startled voice replies.
"I'm hungry."
"What?" my surprised voice asks.
"I'm hungry."
"It's 3:15 in the morning," my incredulous voice sates.
"I'm still hungry."
"Aye, aye, aye...I'm going to come back up to bed while you're eating," my insistent voice declares.
"OK." the happy voice agrees.

How could I possibly say "No" to that sweet face?

PROOF! That's AM, folks.

So, why, oh why, am I BLOGGING this crazy story instead of going back to my warm, cozy bed and slipping back to dreamland?!?!?!

4 tweets and twitters:

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

I'm impressed you were able to go back to sleep at all. My littlest has been coming in between 3 and 4 to snuggle, leaving me up for the rest of the day. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

because you are obsessed RAE, that is why!! :)

Susan said...

I'd have to agree with Lady Di, even I wouldn't have blogged at that hour. I probably wouldn't have even gotten the kids some food. (I'm tough though, when it comes to eating the dinner I make and if they don't eat it, they go to bed hungry. No. Food. Til. Breakfast!)

Erica said...

Ummm, try this out, "No." See how it feels. It might take some practice but you will learn to love the sound of it!!