Did anyone catch the report on Good Morning America yesterday that talked about a recent study that links weight gain with drinking diet soda? If not, here is the lowdown:
A recent study, which included more than 18,000 people, found healthy adults who consumed at least one diet drink a day could increase their chance for weight gain...."The taste buds taste sweet, but there's no calorie load that comes with it. There's a mismatch here. It seems it changes your brain chemistry in some way," Savard said. "Anything you put in your mouth, your body has a strong reaction to it. It's much more than counting calories. It seems normally with sweet foods that we rev up our metabolism...If you're consuming a drink or more a day...you really have to think about eliminating it."
GREAT just GREAT! One more thing for me to add to my "Do Not Partake Of" List! I LOVE Diet Coke and oft times will drink a can instead of eating something. Now I'm hearing that's a no-no? Ack! What's a person to do?
For the whole article click HERE.




6 tweets and twitters:
I hear you loud and clear! Of course the report won't make me even think about kicking my Diet Coke addiction. Diet Coke has to be better than eating an entire pan of brownies right? Hmmm. . .
SERIOUSLY! Too bad it didn't sway me enough to reduce my intake...my child's life depends on it! :)
Yes, I saw it on the news but their studies have been on mice so far, but people came from mice so it's the same thing- just kidding!
I love my diet coke ARHHHH
Sorry ladies. I like my coke straight up. It's original black water or nothing. That is, when I have soda. We've cut it out of our shopping list for a while now. My teeth are much happier without it.
I'm not a fan of Diet Coke either. I'll have to agree with Susan--I like my Coke straight up--and definately not Pepsi!
Post a Comment