JK Enjoying his Dinner!
I made Chicken Marsala this evening with a recipe given to me by my friend, Kim. It was really yummy and I truly feel like I am on my way to becoming a GOURMET COOK!! For anyone interested...here it is:
1 lb. boneless chicken breast
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 tsp. basil leaves
1/2 tsp. onion powder
Place chicken between two sheets of waxed paper; pound to appx. 1/4-inch thick. Mix flour and next 3 ingredients in shallow dish. Coat chicken with mixture.
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5-6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet.
Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and mushrooms.* Cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Add broth, wine, basil and onion powder.** Bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
Serve over pasta.
*I also added 2 minced garlic cloves.
**Next time I make this recipe I will double the mushrooms and liquid to make more sauce. I didn't feel like the recipe made quite enough.





3 tweets and twitters:
I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS!! I actually found the Marsala cooking wine the other day and was going to ask you for your recipe!! It looks like a recipe that I won't be scared of. Do you have a preference of mushrooms?
Sounds good. And, it's not a lot of work, or so it sounds. My kind of meal!
I love Chicken Marsala but haven't been able to find a good recipe...I can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment