1.27.2008

One Simple Truth

I might sound like a broken record since I seem to write a lot about my family but I have found this simple truth throughout my life: I CAN DO ANYTHING AS LONG AS I HAVE MY FAMILY.

Growing up I globe trotted, hence I made new friends and then left them behind. Make new friends, leave those friends behind, and the cycle continued. The one constant in my life was my family. I always felt safe and secure surrounded by their love. Oh, that does not mean that there were not fights and times of great stress and moments I'd rather not remember. What it does mean is that I could get through all of those difficult times because in the end their support was all that I needed.

Now that I'm all grown up and married and a mom to three of my own children, I try to make my home a haven from the world. There is something special about walking through the door and being able to let out a long SIGH and know that you are HOME.

There is nothing like staying at HOME
for real comfort.
~ Jane Austen

I hope and pray that one day my children will be able to look back on their growing up years and remember safe, happy and warm times. I pray that DK and I will be able to give them the encouragement and support needed to reach their dreams. I want so much for my chick-a-dee's and I deeply hope that I am able to give them the nurturing and unconditional love they need to reach their full potential.

For now, I'm going to go to the kitchen, the heart of the home, and make a dinner that I hope they'll not totally hate!

0 tweets and twitters: