1.31.2008

I Met Destiny at an Ice Skating Rink

Thirteen years ago, today, I met destiny at a college skating rink. I had never met destiny before so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my destiny was packaged in a 29 year old U.S. Naval Officer from Murray, UT. I noticed him standing behind me in line to rent skates. He was wearing a green jacket with a red plaid sweater underneath and blue jeans. I noticed his brown hair and hazel eyes. I noticed his chin. I LOVED his chin. It was strong and had a chiseled look to it. I thought this was one cute guy. Little did I know that MY destiny had taken note of HIS destiny (that would be me in my white jeans and UCONN sweatshirt). By the end of the evening I had introduced myself to DK and we had exchanged phone numbers. 11 weeks later we were engaged. 11 weeks after that we were married. Destiny sure works fast!

February 1995

4 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

I love how you guys met, it's just one of those fabulous by-chance meetings that turned into true love. And look at you guys, over ten years later, happy and still such an adorable couple!

Erica said...

Holy permed hair!!! How funny is that? And there isn't a gray hair to be had on Dave's head! Crazy. It's hard to believe it was that long ago. How time flies.

Andy said...

Murray! I'm emailing you!

Anonymous said...

"and she ran, she ran so far away"

Were you wearing leg warmers when you met?

Eric