1.03.2008

I Love My Lips But Not My Lipstick

I need help. Please! Can anyone help me? I have been struggling for the longest time trying to find a brand of lipstick that is really, really great. Does anyone have a brand they absolutely love? And then once you find a brand you really like how do you go about picking the best shade? Please, enlighten me if you can!

I seem to spend too much money trying to find the perfect lipstick! I buy the really expensive stuff and don't like it. I buy the really inexpensive stuff and don't like it. I buy the makeup counter lipstick and don't like it. I buy the drugstore lipstick and don't like it. I've tried using lipstick made with all natural ingredients and have had no success. Maybe it's me. Is it me? Am I the only one with this problem?

Right now I am using Strawberry flavored Chapstick. I put it on in the morning along with my other makeup and at night before I go to bed. During the day I use a lipgloss from Bath & Body Works. It's just okay. Not great. Pretty sticky. It's a sheer color and I'm not a huge fan of the flavor (it's supposed to be limeade).

But I need some COLOR! I want a lipstick that is more shiny than matte. I don't want the feeling of dried out lips. I can't stand the feeling of my lips being dry. All I'm asking for is a dynamite lipstick in a pretty color so my lips stop feeling neglected.

Please, if you can lend me a hand and help me and my poor lips out we both would be immensely grateful!

5 tweets and twitters:

Jen said...

I'm still trying to find a color that I can wear and not feel like my Mom.

Susan said...

sorry Robin. I'm no help here. I wear a shiny clear gloss. I pick my lips so much that they are red on their own and therefore don't need a color, but I like my lips shiny. (and not dried out either). But for those fancy occations when I do wear lipstick I wear covergirl outlast stuff. It is done in two steps. Color then a sheer glossy stuff on top. It lasts forever and doesn't make my lips feel all dried up. GOOD LUCK.

Maureen serrano said...

Did you try Avon?

Melanee said...

My favorite lip cover for the past three seasons has been Alba TerraGloss. My favorite color, and one which I believe would look fabulous on you, is Sienna. If you look it up online, don't go by the colors. They are far different in the store. You can check them out at your local health food stores. They are natural, have a deep color, and yet are a gloss of sorts. I put a very light brown lip liner on my entire lip, so light that you could barely tell it's there and then apply the TerraGloss. It gives a nice shimmer and some great color without the feel of chemicals.

Andy said...

I am a total MAC addict. They make TONS of shades in lots of different formulas. Shiny, matte, moisturizing, etc. They are an investment. BUT! And this is the great news... You can return it if you don't like it. You can also go in and try a bunch until you find one you love.

Good luck.