Last night DK and I received the news of the passing of our Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. While I am saddened to not have this wonderful and amazing man with us on this earth, I am THRILLED to know that he is reunited with his sweet, dear wife, Marjorie. Sister Hinckley passed away a few days after my FIL back in 2004. President Hinckley has said how hard the time has been without the physical presence of his eternal companion. Now they can continue where they left off and go forth working side by side.
I loved President Hinckley's sense of humor and the wonderful way he led by example and stood with unshakable firmness and faith.
At this time, The East Coast Evans Family would like to send our love and prayers to the Hinckley family.




3 tweets and twitters:
I too am saddened by his death, but am happy to know of his joyful reunion with his love, Marjorie. I can only imagine how happy he is to be "home", finally. His 97 years here on Earth were filled with service for The Church and others. He truly was such an example to the whole world. My mom said that she heard Paul Harvey say that he was a 'gentle man'. What a great way to describe President Hinckley.
I was saddened as well but know that he has been welcomed with joyful song. He will be remembered for so many reasons. Thanks RAE for expressing what many of us feel.
great post!
Post a Comment