9.12.2011

Pumpkins, Bowls and Half Naked Men

After a 3 month or so hiatus from the blog world I am posting once again. It has been a hard decision to make. I have been taking time to simplify my life these past few months. I have cleared my house out like you would not believe. I have edited unnecessary time wasters from my day and have relished this past summer and all of the time I have been able to devote to my family. But my kiddos are all in school now. And I have a little extra time on my hands. And today I felt a little twinge of desire to go and write a post. So here I am....here's to hoping a few of you are still out there to read my crazy ramblings!


After putting JK on the bus at 11:25 AM (half day Kindergarten) I high tailed it to the mall for a little {me} time. Look at the pumpkin I FINALLY scored. I have wanted this little bit of shiny goodness for 3 years now. Each year I sit on my butt a bit too long and decide I must have it after it is no longer available. Not this year! I walked into Pottery Barn this afternoon, saw it sitting on the shelf and snatched it up. (Note: if you go to the PB website you'll see it is NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!)
Like I mentioned earlier, I am editing my life and my house. This includes decorating. My mantle is going to stay nice and plain this year. I felt like the mercury glass pumpkin made the perfect addition.
Just a touch of fall...
Anthropologie opened at my local mall two weeks ago and I have been anxious to check it out. It is lovely. Absolutely amazing. My big purchase? Two more latte bowls. We all just love them!
My final purchase of the day is for Kenners. She has grown up quite a bit over the summer and has developed an addiction to Hollister. I don't mind indulging her habit with the "50% off redlines" tables...Plus I do so enjoy their half naked men bags! It's a win-win situation!
The little munchkins will be home in just a few short minutes...how the times does fly!

post signature

6 tweets and twitters:

Bob & Marilee Neff said...

So happy to see you blogging again!! We've missed you and have been thinking of you during this "stormy" summer. Natalie keeps us up on the news and safety of her East Coast Friends..Please give the "kiddos" a hug from Grandma Neff in Arizona...HUGS...(to you also!)

Marilee

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I will always love reading your blog posts! I adore that pumpkin!!! I love,love, love those latte bowls from Anthropologie. :-)

Andy said...

It's too bad you didn't ride home in the "party car" Saturday, as we were all treated to a half naked neighbor at one drop off. Wearing Daisey Duke shorty shorts. And not much else. Not nearly as welcome a sight as your sack.

Traci said...

yeah u posted!! it will be good to read about ur doings here and there!
like those latte bowls too!

Em said...

Welcome back :) I love the title of this post hahaha! My daughter went from Gymboree to Aeropostale over the summer... so sad!

Merand said...

Hooray! So glad to see you posting again! Love the pumpkin, love the mantle, love the wallpaper. I can feel inspired again! :)