Happy New Year!
We started the 2011 year with breakfast with my parents and then a trip to the bookstore (or "library" as JK likes to call it!)
Kenners has been dying for this Klutz book and wanted to leave the bookstore shortly after finding it. As soon as we arrived home she started making a bracelet.

Rand has been reading the Warriors series but it's been slow going waiting for the books at the library. They're so popular and hardly ever on the shelves. She bought books 3 & 4.

I browsed the 2011 calendars (how I love a brand new calendar!), the diet book section (it's the New Year...what more can I say?), and the magazines. I bought the February edition of Country Living. The all-white cover sold me at first glance. The January 2011 Country Living British Edition also had an all-white cover so it naturally came home with me too. I really like Jonathan Adler's style and decided to splurge and buy his accessorizing book.

I have been thinking about Resolutions for the New Year and have yet to make anything concrete. I had a good idea but am still noodling it out...stay tuned!
We are enjoying a super mild day (56 degrees!!) and a wonderful start to the New Year! I'm truly looking forward to what this year has to bring and the growth I will gain with each passing day!





7 tweets and twitters:
My eleven year old LOVES the warrior books. I was skeptical when she started reading them, but they have her totally sucked in and she can hardly put them down once she starts. If you need to borrow one or two copies, let me know:)
Oh! What a fun trip to the bookstore! My husband made a "fun" trip to the hardware store for stuff to work on our basement. Joy.
LOL! Actually, I'm pretty happy about the progress we're making down there even if it's not as much fun as going to the bookstore (I'm going to have to check out those mags you mentioned!).
No wonder why Kenners has been showing off her talent at Church today. I have not heard about the Warriors series of books. Wondering if its something my 12 year old niece or 11 year old nephew might enjoy (you know, always on the look out for next years Christmas gifts)
All white link party at CSI today!
I'm off to buy my magazine. And stay in the QUIET book store alone to read it.
Happy New Year! Indeed.
I loooooooooooove the bookstore. My husband doesnt let me go alone anymore so he can curb my spending :)
Happy New Year! Just getting caught up on your blog. Lots of shopping and fun things going on I see...love the ornaments and owls! Hope you're doing well. I'll call soon!
How fun...looks like great stuff!
sandy toe
Post a Comment