In honor of Cinco de Mayo we are spicing up dinner tonight and topping it all off with mock margaritas!! Arriba, arriba!!!!
Touchdown Taco Dip
1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsps. taco seasoning mix
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
2 Tbsps. fresh cilantro or parsley
Baked Tostitos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread refried beans over bottom of round baking pan.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and taco seasoning. Mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over beans.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese over cream cheese mixture.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until hot. Remove from oven. Sprinkle olives, tomato, onions and cilantro over dip. Serve warm with Baked Tostitos.
Black Bean Salad
2 cans black beans
1 can corn
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1 1/2 cups red onion
1 red pepper
16 oz. jar of salsa
Lime juice
Rinse and drain beans. Add drained corn and mix together.
Add remaining vegetables and a splash of lime juice. Mix.
Toss with salsa. Chill before serving.






10 tweets and twitters:
YUM!! Sounds delicious! And I'm glad to hear someone over here celebrating Cinco De Mayo!!:)
Really delicious! :)
How nice to have near IKEA. In Stockholm we have two stores. One in the North and one inte South, nearby my house. Now someone started iloveikea.se where you can buy IKEA second hand - great idea I think
Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden, Lina
This sounds good AND easy. I need to go and raid my pantry and see how much we have and then head to the store. I am hungry. Nothing new, but your post made me hungrier.
What a fun thing to do and very creative! I am going to copy and give it a try for my family too :)
OH yum!
sandy toe
Sounds DELISH, Rae...when do you want me to join you? :)
Fun fun! I think we are going out for Mexican food - you know, to celebrate our So Cal heritage. Ha! Your recipes looks great though, and mock margaritas! I could use a real one these days. It's been that sort of week so far.
Sounds yummy ~ Enjoy!
Jo
yummy!
perfect for today.
We're having plain ole tacos. I mean OLE--oH-lay--tacos.
What's a mock margarita? And how do you make one?
Post a Comment