1.28.2009

Taking the Plunge

There have been several tags floating around on Facebook lately. Last night DK and I got to talking about the "48 Facts" tag (see below for my answers) and how funny it is that most people have not and will not consider bungee jumping (see #9). While I never made it a life goal to bungee jump I have to say when I was presented with the opportunity I snatched it up and had a blast!

10 years ago this summer DK and I went bungee jumping while we were vacationing out West. This was DK's second time (his first jump was from a crane over asphalt!!!). As you can see we went to an actual bungee jumping tower and though you can't see it in the pictures there was netting below in case your cord snapped. It took me a minute or two to make the initial jump and the guy (in the picture) kept saying I was going to chicken out. That did the trick and I took the plunge. 
Getting harnessed for my big jump
Bungee-ing back up!

So...have you jumped? Will you jump? Why or why not?!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Christmas Day
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No.
4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Turkey breast with sun dried tomato
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes...two girls and one boy
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
All the time.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Been there, done that!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Frosted Flakes.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
The only shoes I untie are my running shoes. Any other tie shoe I just slip off.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Anything with lots of chocolate, peanut butter and nuts!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their teeth.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Being so judgmental of others.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Of course.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
No shoes, grey yoga pants.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
A movie Jamison is watching.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Citron.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Clean, crisp smell of laundered clothes.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Kristen Anderson
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Absolutely!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Gymnastics
27. HAIR COLOR?
Brown
28. EYE COLOR
Hazel.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No longer thanks to lasik surgery!
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Italian.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings!
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Bride Wars.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Grey.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Neither!
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Pass
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Pass
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Tomato Girl
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
No mouse pad.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
No TV last night (though I did DVR True Beauty)
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
Waves crashing on the seashore and thunderstorms.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Pass.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Germany
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I am a multi-tasker, mega organizer.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Newport News, VA
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Everyone's!
48. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
Ice skating at CONN College.

post signature

19 tweets and twitters:

larkswing said...

Oh I lose my stomach thinking about it! The "double shot" at a nearby amusement park was miserable enough for me!

But! In Panama City FLA, there is a ride, you sit in the cage and are harnassed in. The bungee cord things on the side are pulled tight, then they release the cage and it (with you in it) are thrown into the air like a sling shot. You bounce around like crazy! I did that. Once. You get to shots with the ride. I was off after the first! My legs were still shaking 20 minutes after getting.

So those are the reasons I would not bungee jump! hehe (p.s. I think it is a control issue, I want a little more control).

larkswing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun to bungee jump! Wow!!!
-sandy toe

April said...

No way, no how would I ever bungee jump...I value my life too much to go SPLAT!!! I admire you for being brave enough!

I loved all of your answers to the meme. I did the same thing on my post today...go check it out! Have a good one!

duchess said...

Ok, just the thought of jumping off of something so high for no reason freaks me out. Kudos to you for having the courage to do it.
I have something for you today if you want to swing by & pick it up.:)

Merand said...

I had no idea you had gone bungee jumping. The opportunity has never presented itself to me and I'm not sure that I'd take it if it did. I can't do rollercoasters or crazy amusement park rides. I nearly died going on the ride that simulates free fall. But good for you!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Yikes! I can't believe you went bungee jumping! Holy schmoly! That's just nuts. LOL! It looks like you had a blast!

Unknown said...

You saw Bride Wars too! I took my step daughters to be! We loved it! Did u take your daughters to see it? There was one part where I asked them to close their eyes...just incase! But it was still PG!! But we loved it! "I HAVE BLUE HAIR!" Omg and how funny was Anne Hathaway's "maid of honor" who was from her school!! Please check my other blog out at allwomenstalk.com!! :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even consider bungee jumping... sorry. Doesn't seem safe enough for me. I am glad you were able to muster up the courage.

Great answers. I enjoyed getting to know you better.

Our Complete Family said...

You are brave girly, that's for sure!!!

Kacey said...

SHUT UP! You were born in Newport News? I went to Middle School there and my parents live in Williamsburg now. So random! LOL What a fun post!

Kacey said...

Oh - and so impressed by the bungee jumping. I would have to be peer pressured in to it but I would be game...with a net...and could I have a double harness or something? Like a back up of sorts? OK, so maybe I wouldn't be cool enough to do it. But I would SO want to. I hope that counts. :o)

Amy said...

Cool! Love the overalls!!!

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
I think you are very brave to bungee jump! I haven't because I have a fear of heights and am afraid the harness thing won't hold!

I hope you are having a wonderful week! :)

Kacey said...

I tagged you! :D

Kim said...

After what you wrote in your 25 random things note, I totally thought you were going to "take the plunge" and say you were going to try for baby #4!

Erica said...

Love the hair!

I'd bungie jump in a heart beat! Gotta live a little!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW, you are a brave woman! Don't think I've got it in me!
Loved reading your answers!

Kristen said...

Fun - and NOOOOO - I would never bungee jump. No thank you.