6.08.2008

The Miracle of Blogs

Once upon a time there were four teenage girls. Two of these girls were sisters. The other two girls went to school together. All four girls went to church together. They were also part of their youth group's drama team, Hearts on Fire.

Years and years and years pass. Three of the girls stayed in touch. One of the girls did not.

At the beginning of this past year, Girl #1 started blogging. Though she had not kept in touch with the other girls she would occasionally bump into Girl #2's mother.  When Girl #2 had her first baby she too started a blog and her mother shared the blog link with Girl #1. Of course Girl #1 wasted no time in checking it out and that is how Rae (that's me) was reunited with Girl #2, Shelva.

While I was visiting Shelva's blog and oohing and ahhing over her handsome new baby I started clicking on the links in her sidebar. You see, I am a curious person...I just can't help but to give a little click here and a little click there... Can you guess what happened? One of the blogs listed was Girl #3, Amy. Amazing! It took me about a week to work up enough courage to leave a comment on Amy's blog. I finally did and after all of these years (roughly 15) we will be getting together next week! Girl #4, Lisa, is Amy's sister...and so the circle is complete.

In the past 15 years we have finished school, grown up, moved to and from different states and most importantly, are all happily married with little bambinis of our own.

The internet is so amazing. This whole blog phenomenon is mind boggling. You just never know who you may bump into...

The 4 Girls ~ 1990-something!
Can you figure out which girl is me?
Here's a hint: look for permed hair...
Oh wait! We ALL have permed hair!

8 tweets and twitters:

Amy said...

Ahhh!!! I couldn't decide if I should laugh or cry at the picture. That is so great!!!! I'll be sure Lisa sees it. Those sure were good times!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

How neat Rae! I think I can tell which one is you, because when I look at the picture of who I think is you, and then look to the left on your side bar, I see your daughter, with the same smile as you!
For the risk of embarrassing one of the 4 of you, tell me which one is you!
Which one is girl number 1, 3, and 4? (I think I can tell which ones are the sisters!
How exciting for all of you!

Erica said...

OH HOW FUNNY!!!!! Look at you guys! What a crack up!

nanamoo said...

I love blogger success stories. That one was perfect!

Merand said...

I just love this picture! I so remember your drama group and everybody in it (except for Girl #5). I remember the Good Friday presentation you did at Windham High, do you? Very cool! Tell Amy I said Hi! Have fun!!!

Pedaling said...

great story and i'm glad you all found each other...so fun.
shelley and i found each other again too, through blogging...
i think you are the girl on the far right...

Susan said...

top row on the right...love the perms!! What a great way to re-connect with past friends! have fun when you get together.

Melanee said...

How FUN! Congratulations on your reunion, AND this wonderfully creative blog.