Money. Personally, this is the one GREEN thing I do not like. It causes me problems. Issues. It makes my brain hurt. Let me tell you a little story.....journey back with me to the 2nd grade. My teacher came up with a cute and somewhat clever math incentive. For every 100% you received on a math sheet you would be able to take your personalized rocket and blast off from the planet earth and travel through space and visit all the other planets. Wow! Such fun. Too bad I was the only one left on earth. THE. ONLY. ONE! Sigh......math has never been my strong suit. Unfortunately for me, money is math!
DK and I have very different ideas about money. The first indicator was when he showed up at my house the night after he proposed with his laptop so we could work up a wedding budget. He is very detail oriented and likes to work within structured perameters. Between work, church duties and political responsibilities he does not have a lot of time to be out and about spending money. Which I suppose is a good thing because I, on the other hand am a spender. DK says I will $10 and $20 ourselves to death. I enjoy shopping and don't always think about how a shopping trip will affect the budget for the rest of the month.
Yesterday while visiting with a friend she was talking about how expensive everything is. They are feeling the money pinch (who isn't?). They have cut back on items that are not considered necessities and she is using this time to teach her children that they do not need every new toy that comes down the pike.
We just had a budget referendum in town. It failed. Why? People do not have the extra money to pay for higher taxes. It is such a catch 22. When the budget fails there is not enough money for the things that are needed throughout the town. This means more funding will be needed next year. I don't think people will be willing to part with their money come next year either. Yet we have to not only maintain our town but continue to improve it.
We received our IRS stimulus payment today. Will we be using it to stimulate the economy? If you ask me, my gut response would be YES! If you ask DK his immediate response would be a resounding NO! I think we'll just sit on that money....at least for awhile!
What are your current money thoughts? Are you saving your rebate check? Buying something fun? Using it to pay debt? Or perhaps you should just give the whole kit-and-kaboodle to the gas station the next time you go and fill up!




4 tweets and twitters:
I'll be more than happy to help you spend your stimulus money. See my post for today. I'm taking donations!
We will be paying off debt. I am in agreement with you that I could do without the whole money thing, it is nothing but headaches and frustration!
Our $$ is going to the "house fund" or should I say "project fund." In the end it will be very much enjoyed, but right now, it is very much missed!
Students= $0 Enough said right there! Ours will be going toward our double rent payment for June (apartment here and in Mass.) But if it wasn't for the extra money, we would just be that much more in student loan dept, so we are blessed. Easy come, easy go they say.
Post a Comment