4.15.2008

My Poor Husband

Poor, POOR DK!!! It seems I have an angry bug gnawing inside of me and it is causing me to attack my dear hubby! I HATE when this happens. After DK fled to the office this morning I took my anger and channeled it into cleaning my dining and living room windows. HA! Take that you dirty rotten window! Oh yeah. I also told off the Scott's Lawn people....but that was completely their fault, not mine!
Hopefully by the time my hubby comes home this evening, I'll be feeling more like this:

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about the different cycles or phases a marriage goes through. The other month when Kenners was selling Girl Scout cookies at our local grocery store a young really cute couple came over arm-in-arm to buy some cookies. The boyfriend/fiance/hubby (I don't know if they were married or not) asked his girlfriend/fiancee/wife which type of cookie she would like. She pointed and said those. He whipped out his wallet and said, "I'll take 5 boxes of cookies." His girlfriend was so enamored that he would spend $20 on cookies...just for her! A knight in shining armor! I remember those wonderful years when all it took for me to be swept off my feet was a surprise bouquet of flowers, or maybe, even cookies! So, to make up for my intense grouchiness this morning I think I will make DK a batch of surprise cookies and see if I can be his maiden in shining armor.

5 tweets and twitters:

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

It sure is interesting how romance changes the longer you are married :-( Everyone is entitled to their bad days, cookies should do the trick since the rule is the way to a man's heart is through his stomach :-)

Melanee said...

Oh you are funny! Isn't writing about our experiences fantastic? It puts things into perspective and gives us the "bigger picture" sense of humor that can diffuse things quickly.

Hmm... Since my DH only gets homemade cookies once every few months, I think I'm going to do the same. He will definitely be surprised!

Thanks for INSPIRING us!

...for all eternity said...

Oh, if my poor hubby got a nickle everytime I "let him have it" while PMSing, he would be the richest man in the world!
I actually started a journal when just barely married that I decided to write 5 nice things about him everyday. It started on a PMS day and these were some of the "nice" things: "He took a shower today, He took out the garbage..." Lets just say it was difficult to find the good. After doing my journal for a while I noticed my entries changed over time, "He kissed me goodbye, I KNOW he loves me, I know he loves the Lord and the Lord loves Him, I am greatful to be sealed for ever to such a wonderful man, He's an amazing dad..." Having been looking for the good helped me to get through my own periods of anger and I think personally strengthened me. Cookies also help too!

Susan said...

Oh our poor husbands, sometimes they just don't know how to handle us with our crazy mood-swings. I love the poster you posted. So true. Cookies would totally make my husband pleased when he arrived home. ;)

Christy said...

I'm trying to think of an incident when my husband EVER acted like that guy who bought the cookies...

I know "Everybody Loves Raymond" isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the episode when Debra has PMS is hysterical.

Thanks for "keeping it real" - we all can relate.