The kids and I have thoroughly enjoyed Earth Day !
We took a quick trip to a local nursery and picked out a weeping willow tree for the back yard. In addition we also bought 7 bushes (5 forsythia, 1 azalea and 1 euonymus)! And the best part? They were marked down to $3 a piece!!!
A tree grew inside our van!

Rand and Kenners made garden stepping stones

And we put together a fountain to go in between my four vegetable plots!

It's not as big and dramatic as I would have wanted but it makes for a really nice addition.

Lotus Flower
I have been able to plant most of the bushes and finish the horrible task of weeding all of the flower beds. I transplanted my purple coneflowers and split them into 6 different areas! Wowzers!! Now I need to go attack the hole for the new tree! On second thought, maybe I'll wait for the sun to go down a bit!!!




3 tweets and twitters:
How fun! I bet your little boy remembers the day you had a tree in the car for a long time!
I like your fountain! I need to get out and get some shrubs and flowers too. I've been busy butchering those shrubs than line the street so we can see when we back out of the driveway,but now I need to add more color. Maybe an azalea or rhododendron.
Your fountain is very cool! I might need to add something like that to my new sun garden. Great deal on the bushes too!
Post a Comment