3.24.2008

Welcome Buckwheat Evans!

Well, I definitely win the award for being the worse mother! Do you realize I did not take ONE picture of my children on Easter? What was I thinking? As I have been visiting other blogs I have been oohing and aahing over everyone's adorable Easter pictures. Then there's me. NADA!! That's what you'll find on Rae's blog!!!


Today we went and picked up the girl's Easter surprise...a baby Mini Rex bunny rabbit. Kenners was THRILLED; Rand doesn't like his name! I decided beforehand that we were going to name the bunny Buckwheat. When I was in high school a friend of mine named her dog Buckwheat and I have loved the name ever since!

JK took the bunny from me with his little hands firmly surrounding Buckwheat's neck. Poor bunny was almost squeezed to death! We'll have to keep an eye on those two!

Kenners givin' Buckwheat some lovin'

Look how tiny he is...

...and so soft!!

9 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Oh Rae! You should see the pictures I took, I had the camera on the wrong setting so it looks like the kids were in motion, even though they were just sitting still on the stairs! Oh well.

The bunny is adorable!

Erica said...

Again, I say you are crazy! I will admit, he (she?) is pretty cute and cuddly looking. I guess my crew will have to settle for visiting your bunny since I refuse to have any pets (for now). Welcome the the family Buckwheat!

Merand said...

So you finally caved in and got the kids a bunny! He is adorable and I do like the name - you can shorten it to Bucky! :) Hope everyone has fun with their super-cute pet. Who gets to clean the cage?

Andy said...

If it makes you feel any better, I got lots of photos on Easter, but missed my chance to take Boo to the mall for a picture with a LIVE bunny.

Crystal said...

I always take too many pictures, so Easter wasn't any different. What a cute little bunny! I love his name too!

...for all eternity said...

I guess I will have to tie with you on the whole worst mother because I didn't take a single one on Easter either! I even had it all set out and waiting then thought, "Oh I've got enough of them with Easter eggs from other things we've done." Oh, well, I'm sure I didn't ruin then for life!
I can't believe you got a bunny! I like the name Buckwheat. What did Rand want to name it?

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

You can always have a do over. Who really knows when the pictures are taken anyway :-) Nice bunny. Not my cup of tea - watch your elelctronic wires I've known some bunnies to be interested of course for a short period of time. You can guess why :-(

Pedaling said...

buckwheat the bunny- that's cute!

Anonymous said...

I didn't post anything for Easter myself. I need to still do that. lol Buckwheat is adorable. I'm glad your kids are loving that darling bundle of fur. I couldn't help taking three chicks home with me last year (although I'd already planned to). Now they're huge, but hey, they're paying the rent with an egg a day. Can't beat that!