3.10.2008

The Search is On

As usual, JK and I came home from church yesterday right after our main service. He REFUSES to go into the nursery during the second and third hours. We leave and he IMMEDIATELY falls asleep in the car. After we came home and while he was napping, I walked into my dining room and THAT WAS IT! All of the winter decor HAD to come down! I couldn't look at it another day. All of the "winter white" throughout my entire house is now packed away. My house is completely bare looking. I struggle decorating for spring every year. I usually go from winter white, to nothing, to all of my sea shells, coral, turquoise, etc. for summer. I needed to go to Target this morning and thought I might find something there that would jump out at me. NOTHING!! Argh! After shopping, JK wanted his usual cheese pizza from their food court area and while he was eating my friend Amy came over. I was telling her how disappointed I was in not finding anything spring-ish for the house. She told me I definitely had to check out Crate and Barrel, Jo-Ann's for some fun eggs and Michael's for some moss bunnies. Well, okay! Now I have some leads I need to follow up on. Hopefully I will happen upon some fabulous finds! (Like this clover egg basket). I just love the combination of greens and browns. I do NOT want the in-your-face pastels that are so common during the Spring season. Wish me luck! And if you have any ideas...let me know!!

2 tweets and twitters:

Susan said...

Oh how I wish I had even an ounce of your decorating abilities. I know you will find just the right piece that will inspire you to decorate for spring. Good luck!

Merand said...

I love that basket! Is that something that you found and put together or is it something you're looking for? It's fantastic!!!