Easter is my most FAVORITE holiday. The week leading up to Easter our family has a special lesson each evening to help us think about the Savior and the Atonement. Last night we were listing some of Jesus' attributes. (i.e. selfless, thoughtful, caring, serving, loving, humble, etc.) We then each picked a name from a hat so we could have "secret pals" for the rest of the week. The idea is to treat that person like the Savior would if He were here. On Easter Sunday we reveal who had whose name and talk about the different ways we were able to be Christ like. Well, right away we ran into problems. The girls did not like the names they chose. After lots of whispering and negotiations this is where the dust settled:
DK - Kenners
Me - Rand
Rand - JK
Kenners - DK
JK - Mom
This morning after the girls woke up I was making their beds and putting their jammies away for them...you know...serving them! I asked Rand where her jammy top was and she pointed to the hall. She had thrown it out there. I went and picked it up and put it away. She started laughing and said, "Aha! I knew you had my name! I threw my jammy top in the hall to test you!!" What? "What are you talking about?" I asked. Rand said, "If you didn't have my name you would have YELLED at me!!!" Oh boy....this is going to be a very interesting week!
I learned a VERY valuable lesson this afternoon. I took JK to the barber shop to have his hair cut. It was pretty busy (why do I always go on a Tuesday after they've been closed for two days?!) and we were 5th in line. JK was throwing his gum ball around and would bend down to pick it up. Sometimes he had to lay on the floor to get it from under the table or couch. I unfortunately had dressed him in a fleece pullover. Argh!!! When he stood up he was COVERED in HAIR!!! When we left the shop I think we came out with MORE hair than when we came in!! I stripped him down in the garage before I let him in the house. Groddy-gross-GROSS!
3 tweets and twitters:
I just your family!!
Rand is so funny to "test" you like that. Is JK treating you well this week? I hope so. No melt-downs right? (b/c Christ would never have had a melt down for his mommy, right?)
Post a pic of jk's new hair cut. I'm finally going to break down and take my kids to a place to get their hair cut, it's just so messy at home.
What a smartie pants that Rand is! How funny!!
Post a Comment