Last year, on September 11th, we had a traumatic event occur. Kenners and I were in the dining room looking up information on the computer for her homework assignment. Rand had headed upstairs to play with JK who was on his way up the stairs when we heard the most HORRIFIC sound imaginable....him banging down the wooden stairs. OH. MY. GRACIOUS!!!!!! I scooped him up without even thinking and could not believe the deep GASH on his forehead. We thankfully live 1 mile from our pediatrician and I rushed him to the office. After Dr. Matt put on some tape to hold his head together, DK came and picked up the girls and I took JK to the Children's Hospital for stitches. Here he is a day after his tumble:
Week 38--Maymee's Big Trip, part 1
-
I need to leave this post short and sweet. This was my big trip to Amaan
to visit Maddy and Mason who just welcomed their second daughter. They are
the...






5 tweets and twitters:
In case you aren't satisfied with the natural healing process, Mederma skin care for scars is AMAZING! when I was little I had to have stiches on my eyebrow which left a nasty scar, thanks to Mederma, it's barely visable now!
Let's hope he waits a good long while before another trip to the ER! Perhaps even never!!
My 9 year old has tumbled down stairs a total of 4 times - he's been fine every time, which I consider a miracle. However, he did break his arm climbing out of his playpen - both bones - at 15months. My daughter broke her leg at 18 months. I was paranoid that there would be a "file" on me - but the orthopaedic doc assured me it was all completely normal! Here's to the amazing healing potential of a growing child!
No ER visits from my little boy yet - but plenty of tumbles - even a couple down the stairs but he has already had more bruises than his big sis and she has 4 years on him!!
P.S. Where is the music - Cassie wants I love my Lips back!! :-)
PN
We've been rather lucky here! No trips to the ER for stitches, broken bones etc for Christopher (5) or Anneli (almost 3!) yet. However, we have been to the ER many times with Anneli, poor girl!!
Post a Comment