2.19.2008

Oh Baby! This is My 100th Post!!

Wow! Can I just say how much I have enjoyed blogging? I am almost giddy as I write this, my 100th post! It has been great fun getting to know old friends better and having the opportunity of getting to know new friends across the country. You, my readers, have become my extended family and I thank you!!


This has been Baby Week at the Evans' Household. Yesterday I made two dinners for friends who have or will be having babies. Rand, JK and I delivered one of the dinners to a friend from church. She had her baby 2 1/2 weeks ago and golly gee, she is just TEENY! It was wonderful holding a newborn baby again. I so enjoyed holding that little bit of heaven!

Tonight a friend and I hosted a baby shower for Christy. She is having her second baby next month. She and her family just moved here and it was a great evening getting to know her better and swap stories about doctors and hospitals and all of that good "mommy" stuff! Her daughter, Rylie, is a DOLL! Kenners enjoyed "babysitting" Rylie during the shower. She will have another opportunity as we will have the pleasure of watching Rylie when Christy is at the hospital delivering her baby.

My good friend, Susan, is also pregnant. She LOVES being pregnant. Well, not the sick part but the latter part. We are ecstatic for her and her hubby, JK.

All of these babies has me thinking about my own little family. I am so blessed to have my three little bug-a-boos yet feel there is so much more I can do for them. I know I am not the only mom who feels (at times) completely overwhelmed with her own shortcomings. It is my daily prayer to be the kind of mom my children need me to be. As I think of all of this I can't even begin to imagine having another baby. Yet...there's nothing like holding a new baby. I guess I'll be doing A LOT of babysitting for my friends! That way I can enjoy THEIR wonderful new babies!!

2 tweets and twitters:

Jen said...

I love this post you made me cry(not hard to do)I feel the same way and have had that torn feeling of still yearning for another child but knowing that my family is complete!

...for all eternity said...

I often have the same feelings, am I doing enough for them? Well they certainly have memorized the show order on PBS. What does that say?!With SLC I started from an infant taking her to symphony practices and museums, but now there's 2, I always question if I'm giving him as much.