2.24.2008

"Becoming Jane" with a Strange and Exotic Twist

Waaaay back in the summer a few girls and I wanted to go out and see "Becoming Jane". Things don't always work out according to plan and we ended up seeing "No Reservations" instead. I told everyone once the movie was released onto DVD I would host a movie night at my house.... 


And here we are!!

We all absolutely LOVED this dress!




The night could not be complete without snacks and a Jane Austen themed book to give-away!

Thank you ladies for a fun-filled evening!

One of the quirks about the blogging world is the opportunity of meeting new people. I met Andie through a friend of a friend of a friend.....well you get the picture.  Though I feel like I've gotten to know her and her family over the past couple of months we finally met in person last night. Andie is the one who gave me the best lipstick advice I have ever received: go to M.A.C. They'll take care of you and THEY HAVE! Before Andie left last night she surprised me with this:
"Strange and Exotic" by M.A.C.

Taking a picture of myself with my new lipstick on. (DK had already left for early morning church meetings)

Thanks Andie for not only my new fabulous color but for helping me learn to love my lips!


8 tweets and twitters:

100 Percent Cottam said...

what a FUN night! first of all, loved that movie. second, awesome table that you set!!! so fun! and third. love MAC lipstick, and that color is fab! wish i could have joined the fun!

Susan said...

Looks like you threw quite the party. I love your new shade of lipstick, so sweet of Andie.

Hey, did you stop by Andie's blog...read the nice things she had to say about your decorating? Now you see, it's not just me that's completely and utterly jealous of your decorating skills.

Crystal said...

Looks like you gals had a super fun "Becoming Jane Girls Night Out!" Girls nights out are always fun! I love your new shade of Lipstick. My sister Val loves M.A.C. lipstick too! Have a great Monday with the kids back at school! :)

Jen said...

Thanks for the fun night out!

Love the LIPS!

Andy said...

Thanks again for the great party!

Let's do it again soon.

Mwaa!

Nice lips!

Missletoe said...

Andie's Cousin here....
Andie has been going on and on about how beautiful your home is so I had to come here and check it out, and she is right! I also noticed that you are trying out a few 5Ks this year... do I have one for you!!! I have run it a few times myself and it is in your neck of the woods. It is right along the coastline and is absolutley breath taking. The entry fee is canned goods instead of money (which means ALL of your entry fee goes to feed hungry families) My friend organizes it. I plan on running it this year too... you can check it out at www.feedtheneed.org (April 5).

Erica said...

Had a great time. So, when is the next movie night?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great time! I can't believe I won the book. Did you rig the drawing?