2.28.2008

Ask and Ye Shall Receive and Day 29

I had to go to the mall today to finalize a field trip I'm taking my Brownie troop on next week. While there, I met up with a friend and we took the chick-a-dee's to Pottery Barn Kids. The kids were having a great time playing with the different toys so Jen and I had a minute to talk to one of the associates. We asked about the "special list" they have. (Thanks Andie for the tip!) This is THE list. You know, when the store marks down their floor models by 50% they'll call you and give you first dibs. I told her I was interested in the Espresso Activity Table and turned to point it out. She said, "That one? It's already marked 50% off. The tag just keeps falling off." Well, there's a reason why that tag would not stay on the table. That's because it was supposed to be MINE! I bought it, brought it home and lovingly washed it up. I have the matching scratch guard pen and have been touching it up (now that I've taken pictures I see a few more spots I need to go over). Here it is in my living room.




I saved TONS of money, was able to procure the exact table I wanted and best of all, JK will now have his train table for his birthday. Now all I have to do is buy him some train tracks! Choo, Choo!!!

8 tweets and twitters:

Erica said...

Some people have all the luck, and it isn't me! It looks good.

Merand said...

Good find! It goes great in the living room.

Anonymous said...

Looks great - maybe if I left the house on occasion I might find something great - ha ha!!

PN

Andy said...

Looks great! That is some great luck you have.

Susan said...

good to know that little shopping tip! Glad you were able to find it at such a steal!

Anonymous said...

Looks terrific!! You have the best luck finding those deals!!

Andy said...

Did you try getting that "chalk" off yet? Good luck!

KIM D said...

okay, why didn't I get a call?? How RUDE! I'll have to give Andie a piece of my mind for NOT sharing the "special list" info with ME! Ugh! I am happy you got the table, but you're gonna have to do some sucking up to get your coveted train set now :)