2.27.2008

Anne Frank's One True Love

I love the book, "Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl". So I was pretty interested in this article which explained the photograph of Anne's "one true love" had recently been released. The photo of Peter Schiff was donated to the Anne Frank museum by his former childhood friend Ernst Michaelis who realized after rereading Anne's diary recently there were no known pictures of Schiff, a museum spokeswoman said on Tuesday.

A picture of Peter Schiff, the young boy who Anne Frank wrote of in her diary, is seen in a card to his school friend Ernst Michaelis.

Anne wrote in her diary: "I forgot that I haven't yet told you the story of my one true love."

"Peter was the ideal boy: tall, slim and good-looking, with a serious, quiet and intelligent face," Anne wrote of the 13-year-old she had fallen for in 1940 when she was just 11.

I highly recommend you check out the article that tells more about where and how Anne and Peter met. Such a sweet, sad story of a truly horrible time in the history of man-kind.

One last thought. If you have never had the opportunity to read Corrie ten Boom's "The Hiding Place" I have this to say: READ IT TODAY! Again, another amazing story!!

2 tweets and twitters:

Unknown said...

Love Anne Frank's Diary and Love the Hiding Place! Such a story of hardship and forgiveness.

Story Family said...

So interesting. I can't wait to read The Hiding Place. I need a good book...