1.10.2008

Orange Juice

For the first few years of Kenners life she would rather drink her nourishment than eat. She nursed almost exclusively for the first 14 months of her life. She just was not interested in baby food and had little interest for table food. After turning 1 she discovered ORANGE JUICE. It has been her most FAVORITE drink since. I thought this a bit odd for such a young tike but here I am in the same boat with JK. He BEGS for ORANGE JUICE and would rather drink that than anything else. Fortunately, he is much more into eating and consuming normal amounts of fluid, unlike his sister. I still find this highly strange.....let me tell you a story about a little girl who did NOT like ORANGE JUICE until one day.........

.......while living in Italy she was out for brunch with her family. Every Sunday they would walk over to the restaurant after church. Every Sunday she would look at the juice selections (apple, grapefruit or the ORANGE JUICE fountain) and think "Bleck!" She always went with the least of the three evils and chose the ORANGE JUICE. After ordering, you would walk up a mini-flight of stairs to the fountain and pick up a glass and fill it with ORANGE JUICE. There were always TWO fountains. This particular Sunday, this adorable little girl (okay, so we're talking 5th grade) really, REALLY liked the ORANGE JUICE. She kept going back for seconds and then thirds and fourths....you get the picture. On her last trip to the fountain her father went up with her. He stood at one fountain and the little girl went to the other. He frowned and said, "What are you doing over there?" She replied, "This ORANGE JUICE tastes way better than the other." Hmmmmm, maybe that's because it is an ORANGE JUICE and CHAMPAGNE fountain!!!!!!!!

And that is the story of my first (and of course ONLY) experience with alcohol! :O)

I never liked ORANGE JUICE again as a child....my parents never let me drink from that fountain again. Now, as a grown-up, mature woman I drink ORANGE JUICE every morning with my breakfast and my vitamin. And no, it is not spiked with champagne!

4 tweets and twitters:

Erica said...

You boozer! And they say I was the wild one growing up? No way, you started it.

Susan said...

No wonder you have such a fond memory of that experience, you were probably tipsy. That reminds me of the time my sister drank champagne at a wedding because she thought it was ginger ale, only to find out it tates different. Pretty funny, especially if you've met my sister.

Jen said...

Ooohhh, Now I know why you act different in the AM....And to think you blamed it on DK.:)

Brandi said...

ROFL I laughed so hard reading your story. I needed a good laugh. Thanks!