1.24.2008

Dancing Queen

Last night was magical. From the time we left the house until the time we returned DK and I were floating on air......OK, back to reality!

A huge THANK YOU to Deon and her amazing husband for watching the kids and not calling us even ONCE!!! You guys rock!!

We started the evening with a delectable light dinner in the Poli Club of the Palace Theatre. They had the most amazing lobster ravioli. DK and I were both smitten with those little pillows of creamy, heavenly lobster smothered in melted butter. 

DK & I in the lobby (why oh why can't I be photogenic?!?!?!?)

The play was FANTASTIC, UPBEAT, and ENERGETIC! The only problem was the BIG HEAD that was sitting in front of me! We had wicked good seats - 13 rows back from the stage smack dab in the middle of the row. You could see EVERYTHING. Well, DK could see everything, all I could see was this man's HUGE FAT HEAD!!! At intermission he got up and I couldn't believe to see that he was a man of average height. I thought he must be a giant with a head the size of a boulder. Nope. Just has a big head. Fortunately I scoped out two empty seats 2 rows up from ours and we snagged them after intermission. So long Big Head!

Outside the Palace Theatre after the play (I'm trying not to freeze my heiny off)

At the end of the production the cast put on a mini-concert. Of course "Dancing Queen" was included in the encore performance. The costuming was remarkable throughout the whole play but what was amazing to me was  how FAST they were able to change! Especially at the end. It was with lightening speed!

After the play we had the opportunity to go and have champagne and dessert with the cast of the show. Unfortunately, it takes them some time to get changed and come up to the Poli Club. We ended up leaving before they arrived but that was okay. This is definitely an event we look forward to and enjoy every year.

Our favor for coming and enjoying this amazing event was the Soundtrack to Mamma Mia!

P.S. I did get a chance to paint my fingernails!!!! Ooh, la, la!!

7 tweets and twitters:

Anonymous said...

How great you guys were able to have a night out..I am jealous!! You both look terrific and I can't believe how long your hair looks!! See you tomorrow..

Jen said...

It's so great to have an event to look forward to. Eric and I would go to the Bushnell all the time of course that was before the boys, now I would just settle for once a year.

My favorite the Scarlet Pimpernel

Susan said...

What's wrong with Dave? He couldn't switch you seats during the first act? ( you gotta train him better...) I'm glad you found better seats for the second act. You both look fabulous. It sounds like it was an amazing night. Lobster Ravioli...mmmmmmm....so yummy!

KIM D said...

Amazing lady, amazing night & look at that lipstick AND painted finger nails! Watch out!

Rae said...

Suz, to be fair to DK, he offered numerous times to switch with me. I'm just a kind, loving wife who decided to be a martyr. You know, DK's not that much taller than me so it's not like he could see over Big Head or anything. Shouldn't there be a special section for those who have abnormally large cranium measurements?

Anonymous said...

Oh, you make me laugh. I loved living vicariously through you on this post. You both look fantastic.

Susan said...

I definitely think those with large heads should have their own section. Their seats should be extra low so when they sit down with their large heads they are of "average" height. lol. Glad to hear DK offered his seat. (I figured he did, but why didn't you take it martyr?) You crack me up!! Glad it was such a good time.